At HelloFresh, we want to change the way people eat forever by offering our customers high-quality food and recipes for different meal occasions. Over the past 10 years, we’ve seen this mission spread around the world and beyond our wildest dreams. Now, we are a global food solutions group and the world’s leading meal kit company, active in 18 countries across 3 continents. So, how did we do it? Our weekly boxes full of exciting recipes and fresh ingredients have blossomed into a community of customers looking for delicious, healthy, and sustainable options. The HelloFresh Group now includes our core brand, HelloFresh, as well as: Green Chef, EveryPlate, Chefs Plate, Factor_, and Youfoodz.
🍋 This is how you’ll change the way people eat forever
We are looking for a Data Engineer for our ambitious, fast growing team in Amsterdam. Working in the Data Engineering team you take a leading role in developing and optimising our data processes, like our route planning, ordering and production optimisation. At HelloFresh, the Data Engineering team works together closely with all operational teams such as Procurement, Logistics and Production, to ensure we maximise efficiency and optimise our customer experience. Our processes are tailored to each specific business need, which means we need to challenge ourselves to keep an agile mindset, without losing focus on scalability and reliability of our tooling landscape.
“Join an ambitious engineering team and get the opportunity to work on crucial tools that enable our supply chain to scale further” – Jeroen Entjes, Team lead Data Engineering
🥑 This is how you’ll make an impact
- Developnew workflow tools in Python using Airflow, to help service our customers now and in the future
- Providereliable and scalable tech solutions to the business by using the latest technologies such as Kubernetes, AWS but also our own developed tools
- Buildkey features in our supply chain tech products and collaborate with stakeholders in our procurement, logistics and production teams to get their inputs
- Definenew technological standards with your team and drive change and improvements in our tools and processes
🍉 These are the ingredients you’ll bring to the team
- 3-5 years of experience in total, of which at least 2 years in a technical role
- Experience with React and TypeScript is a big plus
- Solid experience with Python (you are able to extract, transform and load data, for example using Pandas) and familiarity with its style guide
- Some experience with SQL (you are able to load a table from a data warehouse)
- Familiarity with agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Able to translate business questions into data solutions
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of AWS and Airflow is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical field
🥕 This is our recipe
- Freedom to initiate, execute and implement your own ideas
- The opportunity to engage and collaborate with our colleagues across the globe
- Learning and development opportunities including a personal development budget
- 24 holidays per year, plus 1 day per additional year of work
- A hybrid work setup, with a budget to help set up your home office!
- Flexibility to work abroad
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to the office
- A discount on your weekly HelloFresh box
- Our FreshEnergy program including bootcamp, yoga, boxing, Headspace subscription, a collaboration with OpenUp for your mental wellbeing, webinars and other events
- Multiple ways of getting to a work-related appointment, for example by using our company cars or a MyWheels car
- Discount on your ClassPass subscription, and a discount for your gym membership via High Five Fitness Network.
- Discount on your additional health insurance through Zilveren Kruis
- Healthy lunches, fruit and snacks in the office
- Monthly pension scheme
🌱 Grow your career at HelloFresh
A career at HelloFresh is an opportunity to make an impact in a world-leading meal-kit company. Through our Learning Never Stops core value, we empower you to take your career development to your highest potential…but we don’t just want to say it, we want to show it too.
As an Engineer at HelloFresh you work closely with an experienced team in our Amsterdam office, while also being able to work together with other officers or our global tech team. If you want a change of scenery or career paths, there will be many opportunities to do so within the international HelloFresh group!