Rotate is building the go-to team in the cargo industry for commercial decision-making tools and solutions. We will utilize the technology, combined with industry and strategy consulting experience, to help airlines turn data into action and improve their day-to-day commercial decision-making.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a talented data scientist to help build the foundation for everything we will do Rotate. We see data analytics as a core asset to our business, and our data scientists are critical in unlocking the value of market and client data.
- Applying state-of-the-art statistical methods to solve business problems.
- Identify, source and organize data required for the solution and prepare it in a way that makes it fit for use.
- Bring innovative ideas from multiple disciplines, understand data challenges and keep up to date with technology trends.
- Define and structure research, exploration, and prototyping projects to inform product capability and feature viability questions.
- Inventing, designing, and developing comprehensive data science, predictive modelling, and Machine Learning solutions.
- Engage with customers through presentations, ad hoc touch-points, Q&A, and explanation of model performance and behaviors.
What you’ll need
- You get excited by getting the chance to build something new.
- 3+ years of relevant working experience.
- A quantitative / technical degree or a similar educational background.
- Experience in applying advanced analytical techniques on topics such as Market mix modeling, Price elasticity, Demand Forecasting.
- Excellent understanding of Machine Learning techniques and experience with common data science toolkits.
- Experience using tools for business intelligence, data visualization and presentation techniques.
- You are curious and proactive and feel at ease in an informal and professional setting where you get a lot of freedom and responsibility.
- Willingness to collaborate in and with cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Hand-on experience of data management (engineering, data pipelines, workflows) is a strong plus.
- You are fluent in English. Other languages are a great plus.
Why work at Rotate?
We are building a team keen to solve an endless list of complex problems in an exciting industry. Our products will be critical to airlines’ commercial decision-making, and will be built from scratch leveraging the latest technology stack. We will tailor your development and career ambitions – ensuring you share in the success.
In addition to excellent compensation, we think you’ll be proud and motivated to build a career at Rotate because you will be able to:
- Build things that matter. Solve complex problems in a critical industry. Partner with airlines to co-develop data-driven SaaS products with the latest technology stack. Drive efficiency and sustainability in global supply chains.
- Write your own story. Feel like an entrepreneur within a well-funded company and established team. Help us build Rotate and share in our joint success. Partner with us to tailor your development and career ambition.
- Live unforgettable experiences. Get exposed to different cultures, go on unforgettable offsites, experience the highs and lows of start-up life…and if you’re keen, travel the world and eat sushi in Tokyo!
Where is the position located?
We have chosen to be based in Utrecht within walking distance from the Central Station. We find value in being together as we collaborate to build exciting new products, while offering flexibility to accommodate different ways of working.