At EVBox, we empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing top-notch EV Charging management solutions. We develop both leading hardware and software in house, which truly allows us to shape the charging experience as a whole.
Data engineers at EVBox build new products, enhance existing solutions and resolve many interesting challenges daily. They work on the stability, reliability, and security of our solutions while ensuring data quality and scalability. Their work contributes to improving the experience and management of connected devices, and will support the massive growth of smart EV charging infrastructure all over the world.
This work is delivered while embracing the culture based on the Site Reliability Engineering principles. Everyone is empowered to make bold decisions while assuming responsibility and ownership for the products they build.
We are looking for an experienced and skilled data engineer to join us on the journey to accelerate the transition towards a sustainable future via fantastic data products and solutions.
If you are an experienced software developer who aspires to explore the data domain and grow into a data engineer, we would love to hear from you as well!
The data team leverages the vast amounts of data we receive from our global network of customers and charging stations to build & process high quality data sets, value-adding insights and innovative data products. The team builds and runs data services and pipelines that validate and enrich the incoming data, and provides convenient and secure access to teams across the organization. Our aim is to empower our customers and deliver a delightful user experience by responsibly unleashing the value of data; learning from insights, growing our knowledge, and putting us on a clear path towards a sustainable future.
What you will do
- Build products and services that enable the transition towards an emission-free, sustainable future
- Create high-quality technical design and high quality, self-documented code
- Solve interesting technical challenges that have actual impact in the real world
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity
- Design and implement scalable and high-performing solutions
- Help to build flexible, future-proof solutions
- Collaborate with other teams to improve our product and architecture
- Continuously improve our engineering practices
- Take ownership and responsibility for the deliverables and services you contribute to
- Contribute to our chapters and guilds
What you will need
- 5+ years of data engineering experience using Java or Python
- Hands-on experience with modern frameworks and technologies in the data landscape (DBT, AirFlow, Airbyte)
- Experience with various data stores (BigQuery, Postgres, MySQL) and messaging systems (PubSub)
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, microservices, and service-to-service communication at scale
- Bonus points of you have experience with MLOps and using machine learned models in production
- Experience building robust, high-scale, distributed data pipelines
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure providers (preferably GCP)
- Motivation to build high-quality solutions quickly without mentorship
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Passion for quality
Our tech stack
- AirByte and Airflow
- Gradle, JIRA, Confluence, GitLab
- GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Linux
What do we offer
- Competitive salary
- The yearly budget for professional growth and access to educational platforms
- Holiday Swap (2 days) and Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home + budget to set up your home office
- Help with relocation if joining from outside of the Netherlands
- Opportunity to work for a truly global and multicultural team
- Great people, amazing products, and plenty of room to grow professionally