At Valcon you work together in a multidisciplinary team with business consultants, professional developers and technical specialists. We like to go the extra mile for a good result and high quality. This results in solutions that make the difference and result in satisfied clients and happy end-users. For this, we are looking for top performing people with a passion for IT and technology with good communicative and analytical skills.
What are you going to do?
Imagine that you are supplied with huge amounts of data from various sources and that you can make beautiful analytical products on it. As a Data Engineer, you can make a difference by collecting, modeling and structuring complex data sets and by developing data pipelines to perform all of this. In project teams you help design the end-to-end solutions of the data product. You are able to demonstrate your skills in both on-premise and cloud environments and are not afraid of a little coding. You are familiar with terms such as Agile, CI/CD and IaC.
- Setting up cloud OTAP environments for platforms such as Azure, AWS, DataBricks.
- Familiar with data modeling techniques: Dimensional and Relational modelling, Data Vault,
- Developing Analytical end products with, among others, PowerBI, Cognos
- Training and guiding business consultants and junior developers in the application of cloud technology.
- Co-developing Valcon’s Cloud proposition.
- Building and maintaining a relevant network with current and new customers.
Valcon core values
- Can do
- An energetic, ambitious and international environment with a great working atmosphere.
- An environment with significant autonomy and responsibility.
- A steep learning curve and structured coaching from your own mentor.
- A thriving community, active in both business and social events.
- Market relevant employment package (salary, benefits fund, bonus, lease car or mobility allowance and laptop).
- A completed technical WO or HBO education with WO thinking and working level.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience as a Data Engineer.
- Strong in a team with good communication and analytical skills.
- Experience with Cloud platforms (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Experience with the following methods is an advantage: SQL, Python, data pipelines, API access, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, data architecture, data storytelling, Infrastructure-as-Code.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Pyspark, Databricks, Terraform, Github