What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Data Scientist who is passionate about financial markets and wants to join an algorithmic derivatives market maker with an excellent track record and growth potential in the fast-growing cryptocurrency industry.
What will you do?
- Drive the way we manage risk and help scale up our business in close cooperation with the CFRO
- Continuously improve the trading, risk and analytics dashboards
- Calculate, visualise and analyse our PnL and exposures
- Handle emergencies with the trading team
- Ensure that BlockTech stays up to date with new regulatory and risk developments and embed these in our policy framework
What do we require from you?
- An academic degree in Quantitative Finance, Econometrics or any other quantitative field with excellent study results (cum laude or higher)
- Working experience with Python
- Proven versatility and ability to pick up new technologies and learn systems quickly
- A positive can-do attitude and a creative mind
- Educational and/or professional experience with financial derivatives
- Willingness to commit long-term
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
What’s in it for you?
- The chance of a permanent, full-time position in a relaxed and trendy office located in Amsterdam
- A competitive base salary combined with a very attractive bonus plan based on your performance as well as the company’s results
- Additionally, outstanding performance is rewarded with shareholding
- An extensive in-house training program
- A highly collaborative and experienced Scrum/Agile team
- The opportunity to use state-of-the-art technology
- A pension plan, a laptop, a smartphone and reimbursement of your internet costs at home
- The opportunity to do all kinds of sports during working hours like kickboxing classes, CrossFit, fitness and soccer
- Delicious catered lunches at the office, Friday drinks, company events, a gym membership and much more!