Senior Data Engineer
At a glance
Are you a technical expert and enthusiastic person who inspires others to create innovative solutions? Then we need your help, in making ABN AMRO a personal bank in a digital age!
How are you going to shape innovation, advancements, and projects within your department? Our employees get the freedom to grow and experiment. You support and guide them, so they can become the technical experts that contribute to a future-proof bank. We work hybrid, which means you and your team can flexibly decide where and when you can work most comfortable and effectively (either working from Home or Office).
All-in-all, working at ABN AMRO means that you contribute to projects that matter and impact millions of customers! Are you up for the challenge?
You will be part of the Credit Risk Monitoring team, which main goal is to deliver a regulatory compliant credit risk monitoring framework and its processes with required functionalities and data to have these consistently implemented across the bank.
In this role, you will oversee designing, developing, and implementing ETL data pipelines that consume data from multiple sources, apply needed transformations and transfer the data to target systems. You will be responsible for developing and reviewing software solutions that are deployed in the Azure Cloud using a variety of technologies such as: ADLS, ADF, Databricks, Azure Functions, among others.
You will be part of diverse Agile/Scrum DevOps team and have end-to-end responsibility, on behalf of the business and clients, for developing, managing, and maintaining functionalities in the Credit Risk Administration area, which are prioritised by the Product Owner.
At ABN AMRO, we strive to be a personal bank in a digital age. That strategy is also brought to life in how we work ourselves. Hence, we offer hybrid working as the new normal. This offers you the flexibility to decide when and where can work most comfortably and effectively. Of course, we offer you the right resources you need to set up a good home office. For example, an ergonomic chair, desk, and laptop.
You feel at home in a technical environment and are always up to date on the latest technologies. Do you think you’re a fit? Check your profile:
· Profound Python (preferably certified) and willingness to learn Java and other programming languages
· Linux and shell scripting knowledge
· Basic experience in Java, Spring Boot, REST API (preferably)
· Knowledge on designing and developing applications in the Azure Cloud
· Strong experience in working with Azure in large scale environments (specifically: ADF, ADLS, Databricks, Azure Devops, etc.)
· English proficiency
· Working experience with Scrum/Agile principles
· Good communicator.
Banking experience, affinity with Data Science and Machine Learning are a big plus.
We are offering
You are given every opportunity and independence to demonstrate your professional expertise in a no-nonsense environment and to further develop yourself. We attach great value to personal development and thereby offer you many training and development opportunities. In addition:
- A total gross salary ranging from 70K till 95K Euros based on experience (including 8% holiday allowance).
- Benefit budget that you can decide yourself if you want extra holiday allowances, a lease bike or that you want the budget paid out
- Pension scheme
- Personal development budget
- Banking for better days. These are days you can use for your personal development or on which you can contribute to society