Do you have a passion for data and a strong grasp of data engineering paradigms? And do you bring engineering experience that will help innovate and improve how we build our solutions? Get moving and strengthen Nederlandse Loterij as a Data Engineer.
Thanks to your efforts, the Data Engineering team can build a data platform to support the organization and enable the real-time identification of fraud, anti-money laundering and possible gambling addictions. In this way, you directly contribute to a happy, healthy and sporty Netherlands. As a Data Engineer you score by:
- working on technical solutions that serve other engineering, data or business facing teams.
- code your infrastructure and automatically build, test and deploy your creations.
- provide support by writing documentation and tutorials as well as providing guidance to users with a variety of technical skills.
- partner with business facing team members and other technology solution delivery, architecture, and platform teams.
- develop and deliver high quality software solutions that solve specific business problems.
This is probably also something you’d like to know: as a team we embrace a DevOps culture and have a can-do mentality.
Nederlandse Loterij is the reliable gambling organisation in the Netherlands. It has 7 strong brands. We are the market leader, experts and stand for responsible, fair and safe gambling. Almost all of our revenue goes to a happy, healthy and sporty Netherlands. In addition to being a gambling organisation with a social approach, we are an employer. We work with more than 450 top talents within our organisation.
Because we work together and win together, we always have reason to cheer. Within the Technology team, we help each other to perform and we aim for joint success! Our differences make us strong together. Movement? That’s in our DNA. You and your colleagues feel at home in an environment where no day is the same.
The various people who work here like to be on the move, develop themselves on a personal and/or professional level, and strive for profit. That makes everyone within Nederlandse Loterij a top talent. Your talent is the sum of:
- an education, professional credentials, and/or demonstrable expertise in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in building data engineering solutions and experience in structured & unstructured data, data lakes, scheduling and orchestration.
- a strong proficiency in Python, Spark and data engineering paradigms and good knowledge of Cloud Computing, Containerization, CI/CD and DevOps.
- experience in SQL, NoSQL and database design.
Furthermore, for this vacancy, you have a demonstrable ability to solve complex data engineering problems and you have demonstrable skills in one or more technologies such as Kafka or Spark.
As a Data Engineer we offer you:
- a good salary, depending on your experience.
- a full-time position for 40 hours per week. You start with a one-year contract and have the prospect of a permanent position.
- a interesting bonus scheme.
- you can enjoy a healthy and varied lunch in our corporate restaurant for €3,-.